SUMMARY OF POSITION: Responsible for creating concept (prototype) designs and providing cost information for Case & Tray delivery systems used in surgical procedures. Position will also support final design requirements as assigned by the Project Engineering Lead.
· Under general supervision, makes recommendations in the design and development of new products, which support department goals and objectives.
· Analyzes and recommends improvements to existing products and functions as a primary technical resource within specific product groups.
· May participate as a project team member, or may serve as leader of a multifunctional project team responsible for moderate to complex projects that are aligned with the business strategy.
· As an equal participant on the team, contributes to meeting goals and direction for the group.
· Understands all assigned project schedules and communicates status.
· Communicates and documents approvals, changes, delays, etc. as appropriate to supervisor, customers, account executives, and project management.
· Generates design concepts for new projects based on customer requirements (inputs) as noted in the RFQ / statement of Work.
· Generates appropriate documentation as required per Design Control Procedure OCP 40-06 (outputs).
· Insures compliance with ISO, FDA and regulatory bodies such as local regulations.
· Understands and follows corporate policies and procedures.
· Travels for, but not limited to, training, departmental planning session and customer support.
· Awareness of market requirements, suggests creative ways to improve designs from both a cost and functional perspective.
· Periodically, provide technical advice, expertise and support to other designers.
· Routine decisions, which have limited impact on company projects and profits, made under department guidelines.
OCCASIONAL DUTIES: Support manufacturing process on an as needed basis. Other duties as assigned. Once employee demonstrates competency in position, he/she may be required to train others in similar roles.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE: Bachelor degree preferred. Equivalent job experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. 2-3 years experience in design/product development in related field.
· Applies basic engineering principals, theories, concepts and techniques to tasks and projects within established and appropriate industry norms.
· Applies moderate knowledge of ASME and geometric dimensioning and to lerancing standards.
· Strong design, task management and communication skills.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Self- starter/motivator for personal and professional growth.
· Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and communication skills.
· 3D CAD modeling (Unigraphics, Pro-E).
· Microsoft Office 2000 Suite or newer (particularly Excel application).
· Professional presence. Enjoy working with people.
· Leadership skills and ability to influence others.
· Skilled in dealing with all levels of staff, production through management.